Monday 19 April 2010

Foyles War

It's been a while since I updated this blog, mostly because Adam and I have been broke and unable to get days off together - hence nothing terribly exciting going on.

However, the other week I did pop into London to meet my friend Tomoko for some fabric browsing on Berwick Street. We came away empty handed, as the prices in Cloth House are a little extortionate at the best of times, but I did get to pop into Bar Italia for the first time. I think I was probably the only person left in London that hadn't heard of it before then!

http://www.baritaliasoho.co.uk/



However, my main piece of news is that the episode of Foyles War that Adam and I appear in (alongside friends), has finally aired! We filmed last April, so it's been a long time coming. It was an incredibly long day, from 6am till 6pm from what I remember. And Adams shoes  were a size too small the entire time. But we met some great people there, and also got to eat lots of good food (and drink lots of tea). Mostly they just paid us to stand around. Adam and I had to pretend to be racist, when a black GI walked into the dance hall. I kept having to look away during rehearsals because the whole thing was so silly it was making me giggle. Adam and I had only been dancing for 8 weeks when it was filmed, so please forgive the angry look on my face - I was actually just concentrating incredibly hard, trying not to forget any moves!

 Nick, Chris, Adam & Jean-Paul


Helen & Nick


Helen, Me, Rebecca

Anyway, if you're in the UK you can catch it online for the next month at ITV.com.

No comments: