Wednesday 3 March 2010

A Day Out With Adam



I've had a rather lovely couple of days off, and get a rare chance today to spend some time with my husband Adam. Since starting my new job, my store manager left leaving me the only manager in the store, so currently I have no control over which days off I have. Which means organising days off with Adam has been a bit of a nightmare! I got cover from another manager today however, and we decided to go into London to see the Irving Penn exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery. It's a fantastic exhibition, which focuses more on his personal work than fashion work. You can visit the National Portrait Gallery website here.

We went to Byron's on Wardour Street first, and had some pretty amazing burgers. Their menu is much simpler than Gourmet Burger Kitchen, and their burgers aren't over stuffed (or overcooked like most burger joints). The interior is a really simple, clean, modern take on retro, with 50s wooden chairs, booths and angle-poise lamps suspended from the ceiling. But more than anything, I recommend it for the burgers!


 

 



The night beforehand we also visited Diavolo Blues Club again. There seem to be different faces every week and it's always lovely to meet new people. I'll be taking photos of the night regularly I should think, as I'm trying to make more of an effort to take my camera out with me.

 

  

  

  

 

1 comment:

Pennychoo said...

Great blog and these photos are superb - they could almost be originals. Haven't been to Lady Luck since it was over a lap dancing club (!) but am now feeling inspired to give it another try based on these...